Problems with Extender gets complicated because of so many devices involved So Get the troubleshooting done in Quick and efficient way there is a feature in Linksys router to be Restored back to factory defaults. today in this post we will assist on How you can reset Linksys range extender in 2 ways.
Please Understand that once You Reset the linksys Router, all the current settings of your linksys wifi extenders will be erased and reverted back to default settings.all the settings like network name, password and band settings along with network connection will be Gone and after Reset you Would require to Setup linksys range extender From scratch.
Reset Linksys Extender
Its Best to Perform soft reset using linksys console first however when the linksys extender is not working its going to an issue so lets stick to the hard reset of linksys wireless extender.
- Disconnect if any Internet Cable is connected with Extender from Computer.
- Plug the Linksys wireless extender to the power source and turn it on.
- Locate the reset key at the back or bottom of Linksys wireless range extender.
- Find any tiny Object such as toothpick, paperclip or pen and press the reset key and hold for 30 seconds.
- when all light on Linksys extender starts blinking let the reset key go. its a sign of successful restore.
- Restart your wifi extender and setup Linksys range extender from the Beginning like a new Range extender.
Now there Some of us Wh really don’t like Doing hard reset because of its possibility of hardware failure So for those Extra tech savvy people we have a method to Reset extender using Linksys Extender Console. this Methos id mostly used when the extender is working but you have trouble with other settings and connectivity issues.
Console Reset Linksys Extender
in order to perform Soft reset (Dashboard Reset) you must be connected to Linksys extender because only then you will be able to access extender console. Connection can be wired (From Computer to Linksys extender) Or it could be wireless (Phone to Extender using wifi ).
internet connection is not needed to reset Linksys extender to default settings So connect the computer using internet cable with your extender or Connect your smartphone, Laptop with extender wifi to perform the steps. Let’s understand how to login Linksys extender Console First to restore the settings back to defaults.
Login Linksys Extender
Now Knowing how to access linksys extender settings and console would help you do many things including Extender Reset. things such as – Password Lookup, Change Or Setup related services. any change you need to make to your linksys extender would require you to login linksys range extender console.
To access the console you would need few things such as –
- Connect Direct from Linksys range extender using wired or wireless.
- Information about default Extender IP address Or Web address.
- Extender admin password to access the dashboard.
Lets Access the Linksys range extender-
Linksys Range extender default ip address – Most of the time you can find all these details at the back of your Linksys extender Or the configuration card that came with extender. However if you don’t see it use the default IP address that works almost every time. 192.168.1.1 is the default ip address for Linksys range extender Or you can use extender.linksys.com to access the settings.
Now Please Follow the steps –
- Open your Web Browser and type 192.168.1.1 or extender.linksys.com and press enter.
- When Asked type the default username and password of your extender Or Try the password that you have configured while installing the Linksys extender for the first time.
- once logged in to Linksys extender console Please Go to Settings and locate the Factory Reset option.
- Please click on it and proceed to Reset Linksys range extender. It will take a minute or 2 to erase the current settings and put back the factory default settings.
- After reset it may auto reboot the Linksys wifi extender and you can restart other network devices such as Modem and Router and Begin the installation from start.
Hopefully this should help you troubleshoot linksys range extender. Do let us know if you need any other help with your extender in comments and we will help you fix the issues.